ATSABE Honey - Timor-Leste
Producer: Mariano 'Ameta' Dacosta Alves, Café Organiku Atsabe
Country: Timor-Leste (East Timor)
Region: Cherry from Parami suco (village) and the nearby neighbourhoods, Motalala and Koileki, is collected daily and processed at the Atsabe wet mill in Baboe Kraik situated at 1400MASL.
Varietals: Hibrido de Timor, Moka, Arabica Typica
Fermentation: 15-18 hours
Drying: 3 weeks across a combination of Colombia, Timor-Leste and African style beds, before being moved to fully shade dried for 3 weeks in Railaco, at much lower altitudes.
Peach, pineapple, orange zest, black tea, tobacco. Very clean and well-balanced.
* Top 10 best of Timor-Leste coffees from the 2019 National Coffee Quality Competition @ Festival Kafe Timor.
Having found its sovereignty in 2002, Timor-Leste is one of the world’s youngest countries. As the country finds stability, the development of the agriculture sector is rapidly becoming an important pillar for the structural transformation of the country’s economy. Timor-Leste currently faces enormous economic upheaval, as its oil reserves begin to run dry. In its place, coffee is set to become that nation’s most vital export.
Meet Mariano ‘Ameta’ Dacosta Alves - a humble young producer with a big smile. He is making exciting waves for his country through coffee.
Ameta with Raw Material - a green coffee social enterprise - are doing some incredible work to raise coffee quality, productivity and consistency. Particularly in the municipality of Ermera, Ameta's regional home. One of thirteen municipalities in the country, it is home to the largest coffee production volumes, whilst almost 60% of the municipality's population live below the poverty line. 100% of the profit generated goes to producers, directly through payments for coffee and through community-level investments.
Please enquire below and answer the following questions:
1. Are you currently working within the hospitality industry? (If yes, please let us your role and a brief background).
2. Are you looking to get into the coffee industry and what are your career goals within the industry?
3. How do you feel Gina / Numero Uno can help you reach your goals?
4. Would you be interested in group coaching or 1-to-1 coaching?